Join us tomorrow as TechZulu brings you the Digital LA Entertainment Apps panel live featuring speakers from Disney ABC TV, FOX, Universal, Comcast, Fandango, Mobile Roadie, etc. They’ll discuss the development, content, creation, approval process, and marketing for smartphone and tablet apps (iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android, etc.) based on popular movies, TV, music and games.
Topics To Be Discussed:
– Content: What should your app do? Features? Geo-locate? More than your website on ur phone? Repurpose other assets or create assets from director/band, etc.
– Development: How to work with your app developer – in-house or outsource? Keys to fast track app development? How much $?
– Approval: Tips on getting ur app quickly thru iTunes approval
– Marketing: How to market ur app – what channels to reach which auds? Getting other departments (PR, etc.) to help promote.
Scheduled speakers include:
– Matt McMahon, Fox Digital Entertainment, VP Mobile. App development and publishing for Fox Studio Film and Television including apps for GLEE, PREDATORS, AVATAR, FAMILY GUY, etc.
– JR Grant, Disney ABC Television Group, VP of Digital Media, Video Products & Platforms. Created ABC Player App which lets users watch free ABC episodes. @DisneyABCTV
– Matt Carrasco, Fox Digital Media, Product Marketing, Strategy, & Business Operations. Marketing lead on two iTunes Top 50 apps: Big Ten Network Football, and SPEED Channel
– Ben Blatt, Universal Pictures, Manager of Digital Marketing. Apps include: Despicable Me, Bruno, Little Fockers, Scott Pilgrim, etc. @UniversalPics
– Danny Shea, Comcast Entertainment Group. Director of Business Development. Apps include E!, G4, Keeping Up With The Kardashians. @comcast
– Rachel Dardinski Carollo, Fandango, Director of Marketing. Markets Fandango app across iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Windows 7, etc. @fandango
– Michael Schneider, CEO of Mobile Roadie, creator of iPhone and Android music apps for Taylor Swift, Madonna, Drake, Linkin Park, etc, and apps for celebrities (aplusk), conferences (SMWLA), and more. @mobileroadie
– Liz Jones, Appency, co-founder. Markets apps for brands and developers. Works with Comcast Entertainment on optimizing and executing mobile campaigns for app initiatives. @appency
– Moderator: Kevin Winston, Digital LA @DigitalLA