Most certainly inspired by all the live streaming services and originally Justin Kan of Justin.tv, Looxcie, makers of the first wearable camcorder that lets users go back and capture moments then instantly share them, announced today that it has developed LooxcieLive, a live video streaming service that leverages the Looxcie social video camera. LooxcieLive, planned for a first half 2011 release, allows users to capture live video from their point of view and stream it across mobile networks and Wi-Fi, to single or multiple viewers.
In addition to LooxcieLive, Looxcie now offers two other smartphone apps: LooxcieCam, the new smartphone app that lets Looxcie users record high-quality 30 frames per second (fps) video in full 480p; and LooxcieMoments, the original Looxcie app for instantly creating and sharing clips. The Apps will be available for both Android 2.0 and higher as we as iPhone iOS 4.2 and higher.
In addition to the mobile apps, the new LooxcieDesktop helper application for the PC or Mac gives users the ability to easily transfer their entire raw video contents captured via LooxcieMoments, to their desktop computer for archiving or editing, and also provides automatic firmware updating of the device, making it easy to extend the device’s capabilities.
Looxcie utilizes a dual processor system for video and Bluetooth communication so the headset can operate in video mode and talk mode at the same time, or separately. Looxcie uses a mini processor for Bluetooth that includes a digital signal processing system to process and optimize the audio. The camcorder’s mini video processor includes software by Looxcie that optimizes power use, automatically corrects for light and color, and formats video for mobile devices. These processing systems operate concurrently so users can simultaneously handle calls and capture video.
Additional Product Features & Specs
- Fully adjustable fit for comfort and view refinement
- Lightweight: less than 28g (1 oz.)
- Always on battery life allows up to 4 hrs of continuous video use
- 6+ hours of continuous talk time when the video capability is not on
- Clips are time stamped and stored in a clip register as MP4 files
- On‐board storage of up to 4 hrs of video and hundreds of instant clips (3 hrs of clips)
- Stored video drops off on FIFO basis for any material unsaved as clips
- 15 FPS, HVGA resolution camera
- Bluetooth Class 2 (2.5mW) for up to 10 meters range
- 480mAh Li Po battery for extended record and talk times
- ROHS compliant manufacturer
- DSP optimized for clear, crisp audio
I’m sure in a few years rather then seeing people with just Bluetooth headsets walking around, you will most definitely start seeing devices like these. You can now easily no longer miss any second of your life! Looxcie is available now for $199 through Amazon.