Post this in the “last minute rush” category for all you startups out there.
Amidst your Friday product releases and celebratory beers to cap a great week, I wanted to remind you that SXSW Accelerator applications are due TODAY! Similar to DEMO and TechCrunch Disrupt, the Austin-based conference is holding a showcase to feature the most exciting startups around. There are categories for Innovative Web Technology, Social Media and Social Networking Technology, Entertainment Technology, News Technology, and Music Technology.
As it is SXSW, you’re guaranteed great exposure to the right folks. And to prove that, SXSW has released a partial list of the judges who are participating this year. They include:
- Albert Wenger, Partner, Union Square Ventures
- Chris Hughes, Founder and Executive Director, Jumo; Co-Founder, Facebook
- Chris Shipley, Chairman and CEO, Guidewire Group
- Craig Newmark, Founder, Craigslist
- David Dunne, CEO, Velocidi
- Don Dodge, Developer Advocate, Google
- Timothy Draper, Managing Director, Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Paige Craig, Angel Investor/Co-Founder & CEO, BetterWorks
- Richard MacManus, Founder & CEO, ReadWriteWeb
- Robert Scoble, Blogger, Rackspace/Scobelizer
- Tom Ball, Partner, Austin Ventures
It’s a pretty straightforward application, and well worth your time. Last year, participants included Siri (acquired by Apple 4/2010), Mobile Roadie, Bump Technologies, and more. It was a fantastic showing last year, and I’d highly encourage putting in your application for this coming showcase.
You can apply here, by TONIGHT!