Next stop for the AT&T hackathon series is Atlanta! People don’t sleep on this thriving city. Atlanta is home to many top technology companies including Dell, AT&T Mobility, and CNN. It ranks third for cities in the country with the most Fortune 500 headquarters. So it is a no-brainer that AT&T would slide through to spread love to the developer community here. The hackathon is taking place at famed Georgia Tech, so you know the geeks are going to be flocking like ducks to bread trying to show of their developer talents.
For this weekend the AT&T Mobile App Hackathon is focused on NFC and social Good. The AT&T Developer Program, along with SEMA Development has designed this hack to be attended by both technical and non-technical social good enthusiast. Who will design the game-changing app to take the blue ribbon and the respect amongst the participants? I heard that there are already 100+ hackers registered and the event is still a few days out. Can they push this up over 150 attendees? I want be surprised if this occurs.
So come join the AT&T Developer Community at Georgia Tech on Friday 3/22 & 3/23. To register for this event and learn more info about the time, locations, and prizes, CLICK HERE!
The following is a list of the weekends agenda:
Friday – March 22nd
- 6PM – Friday Evening – Kickoff event with dinner, networking, and developer dating which leads into idea pitches and team formation.
- 6PM – Friday Evening – An NFC focused code and information session led by Samsung Developers
- 7PM – Friday Evening – Speakers present (please see below for list)
- 8PM – Friday Evening – Pitch ideas and form teams
- 12AM – Friday Evening – End of the day 1
Saturday – March 23rd
- 10AM – Saturday Morning – The fun continues with an all day hackathon. Work with the teams that you formed on Friday night to produce the app spec’d out the night before. Senseis will be available throughout the entire event to help you code up your solution. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 7PM.
- 7PM – Saturday Afternoon – Lunch is Served
- 7PM – Saturday Evening – Promptly at 7PM, teams will begin pitching their ventures. Pitches are limited to three (3) minutes per team
The following prizes are experiential and geared towards accelerating you towards a successful business as well as expanding your network and industry knowledge:
Best Hackathon Gaming App
- 1st Place – $500 in Gift Cards for the team
- 2nd Place – $300 in Gift Cards for the team
- 3rd Place – $200 in Gift Cards for the team
Best Gaming App Created at the Hackathon
- 1st Place – Assistance in completing your mobile game from Wild Tangent
Best App Using AT&T APIs
- 1st Place – $250 in Gift Cards for the team to split
Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 33% Weight – Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 33% Weight – Originality of idea
- 33% Weight – Use of Node.JS, Sencha, cloud9ide.com, Heroku, and other technologies