LA City Council Member Eric Garcetti will give the opening keynote for the inaugural Silicon Beach Fest, a celebration of digital innovators in startups and entertainment happening June 21 – 23.
Garcetti, who is currently running for Mayor of Los Angeles, is a fourth-generation Angeleno known for his support of digital and technology initiatives across the City. He communicates regularly with constituents using his Twitter account: @ericgarcetti.
The keynote will take place this Friday, June 22 from 9 – 10am during the Welcome remarks at Cross Campus, located at 820 Broadway in Santa Monica. Click here to register.
Silicon Beach Fest, created by Digital LA and presented by engage:BDR, is LA’s first homegrown festival mixing tech, entertainment and startups. The moniker Silicon Beach refers to the technology scene in Los Angeles concentrated around the areas of Santa Monica and Venice.
The three day event happening June 21 – 23 features an impressive lineup, including speakers from investors (Rustic Canyon, Rincon, Siemer & Associates), accelerators (StartEngine, Amplify, Launchpad, MuckerLab), entertainment (Sony Pictures, FOX Broadcasting, NBC Universal, The GRAMMYs, etc.), advertising (OMD, Ignited, Deutsch, TBWA\Chiat\Day, engage:BDR), press (Forbes, Investor Business Daily, LA Business Journal), startups (Viddy, BeachMint, ShoeDazzle, Pose, PromoJam, PageWoo, Honest) and more.
- Hackathon: Teams of more than 50 developers compete for more than $50K in prizes
- Demo Day: StartEngine accelerator portfolio companies present
- Angel Pitch: Startups pitch to angel investors
- Student Pitch: UCLA, USC and other student teams will compete for prizes
- Startup Village: Local startups and other companies featured on the show floor
- Beach Games: Attendees play basketball, volleyball, or learn to surf
For more information on speakers, panels and events being held during Silicon Beach Fest, visit http://siliconbeachfest.com.